Can I be reimbursed for my travel for on the job injury treatment?

Yes, you can.  However, you must submit your claim in writing, and it must be within two years from the doctor’s visit.

The insurance company must respond within thirty days of receiving your request.  To make sure the insurance company “received” your request, fax the request and keep a copy of the proof of the fax, or send an e mail, and print it out or save it to your computer to show that you actually sent the request.

Keep in mind that the medical appointment has to be related to your accepted condition.  To find out what your accepted condition is, review your notice of acceptance.

If you do not receive payment for your travel within thirty days, you can seek review with the Workers’ Compensation Medical Resolution Team.

There are other expenses you can claim, including lost income, meals, and even lodging.

Questions?  Give us a call at 503-325-8600.  We know our way around Oregon Workers' Compensation and can help you know where you stand.

Joe Di Bartolomeo
Connect with me
Top-rated Personal Injury Lawyer Helping Oregon and Washington Families