After taking a bad fall while visiting your favorite shop, a movie theatre, your best friend’s apartment, or any other commercial property, you have rights. The costs associated with an Astoria slip and fall accident can be very high, including medical bills, lost wages from work, and more. After being hurt because a property owner did not do his job to maintain his premises properly, you may be entitled to compensation to help cover the high costs associated with this type of fall.
Unfortunately, proving that an Oregon slip and fall accident was the fault of another person is far from easy. The process is complicated, and there are a lot of factors that you must prove in order to receive the compensation you are entitled to.
Here are some of the top questions that must be answered correctly if you are to win your Oregon slip and fall claim:
- Could the property owner reasonably foresee the potential for harm?
- Did the property owner have control over the premises at the time of the accident?
- Were the injuries sustained directly related to the fall?
- Did the defendant have any responsibility for the injuries?
- What type of insurance does the property owner have to cover these injuries?
Proving each of these points can be complex. With the help of an Astoria slip and fall injury lawyer, you can put the experience needed to pursue compensation for these claims on your side. Contact the Di Bartolomeo Law Office, P.C. today to learn more about how we can help you get the compensation you deserve after your slip and fall accident in Oregon.