We are going to try something and see how it goes. We publish a monthly newsletter, "The Makin' It Better Newsletter." Last month's edition featured a few photos of my travels around the Pacific Northwest. These pictures were all from the smart phone, and although I doubt I will win a Pulitzer, I think that these photos captured at least some of the stunning scenery we may occasionally take for granted.
We are starting our monthly “Smartography Contest” for 2015. We are looking for amateur smartphone photographs that capture the unique people and places of the Pacific Northwest (Hint: We love pictures of the outdoor scenery, wildlife, wild people, the beach, and dogs). We will accept up to five photographs from any one contestant. The winning photo will be featured on our Facebook page and/or the Makin’ It Better Newsletter, and the winner will receive a $25.00 gift card to a local eatery.
Here are the rules:
- You must be an amateur photographer.
- You cannot be related to me, my employees, or related to my employees.
- You may not use “photo-shop” or any other app to edit or modify your pictures.
- You can enter up to five pictures.
- Entries are due by February 5th, 2015.
- Entries should be sent to [email protected].
- We will be using winning photos for our publications, including the newsletter, our web site, or social media pages.
- Contest rules may change without notice.
We will name two winners for entries received in January of 2015, and there will be one winner every month thereafter.We will see where we are this fall, and who knows, maybe we will have enough to name a grand prize winner, or put together a calendar to fundraise for some local non-profits?
Keep an eye out for our first winner, and if you would like to get on the mailing list for our newsletter, use the "contact us" box to your right, and leave your name and address.